Unique Design. Proven Indication
- Intelligent engineering expands the physicians’ reach to treat a wider range of anatomies with EVAR
- Revolutionary technology combines circular and helical structures that provide the flexibility needed to treat tortuous of anatomies
halO Stent TechnologyTM is designed to allow the stent graft to conform to anatomy reducing the risk of kinking and endoleaks.
- Ring body and helical limb structure incorporating halO Stent TechnologyTM, is designed to maintain patency in tortuous anatomies
- The circular design of the AorfixTM Endovascular Stent Graft delivers unmatched flexibility while maintaining its luminal size — even in extreme angulations
halO Stent TechnologyTM allows AorfixTM to have the flexibility to better match the anatomy in high neck angulations compared to traditional stent designs.
ConformabilityDesigned to adapt to changing anatomy over time and accommodate pulsatile forces
Unique fish-mouth design facilitates a superior seal in changing neck morphologies.
Traditional stent graft designs versus halO Stent TechnologyTM which is engineered to conform to anatomical changes over time.
- Self-expanding electropolished nitinol wires mould to uneven vessel walls for improved apposition and seal
- Rigorous testing performed that simulates in situ movement in angulated anatomy1
- AorfixTM is tested to 400 million pulses at 90° angulation
- 5-7% pulsatility per 100mmHg - equivalent to 10 years
AorfixTM Endovascular Stent Graft is designed to mould to tortuous arterial anatomies as well as maintain strong links between joining limb extensions
The Aorfix™ Endovascular Stent Graft is designed to extend the proven performance of current EVAR devices to include the successful treatment of complex anatomies with neck angulations of 0° to 90° as well as tortuous iliac arteries.
A direct comparison of the PYTHAGORAS IDE data with various competitor IDE data shows the strength of the Aorfix™ clinical outcomes, results are unimpeded by the inclusion of patients with more challenging neck angulations significantly greater than 60. 2,3
Comparison of AorfixTM Results Versus Competitors
Proper graft fit and seal ensure procedural success and longevity in the treatment of neck angulations or tortuous iliacs. The results of the PYTHAGORAS trial4 demonstrate AorfixTM ability to achieve aims across a wider range of anatomies than competitive devices, due to Aorfix's unique flexible, conformable and durable design.
5 Year Follow Up
AorfixTM, is designed to effectively exclude the aneurysm over 5 years with lasting seal even in the changing neck morphology
Impressive sac diameter reduction over time with complete patency in the iliac arteries Images courtesy of Dr. Gregory Schultz, Sanford Health, Sioux Falls, SD
- Data held on file at Lombard Medical Inc.
- Hobo R, Kievit J, Leurs LJ, Buth J; EUROSTAR Collaborators. 2007. Influence of severe infrarenal aortic neck angulation on complications at the proximal neck following endovascular AAA repair: a EUROSTAR study. J Endovasc Ther, 14(1), 1-11.
- Choke E, Munneke G, Morgan R, Belli AM, Loftus I, McFarland R, et al. 2006. Outcomes of endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair in patients with hostile neck anatomy. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol, 29(6), 975-80.
- Malas M, Hicks CW, Jordan Jr WD, Hodgson KJ, et al. 2017. Five-year outcomes of the PYTHAGORAS U.S. clinical trial of the Aorfix endograft for endovascular aneurysm repair in patients with highly angulated aortic necks. JoVS, 65(6), 1598-1607